Monday, June 1, 2009

What were they thinking?

I got home from a business trip the other night and I was lying in bed with the laptop, catching up on emails and message boards and such, while playing back an old episode of Eureka on the TiVo. My focus was on the computer screen, not the TV screen, so I wasn't fast-forwarding through commercials like I might normally do.

An ad for some type of medicine came on; as noted, I wasn't paying too much attention to the TV, but I kept hearing the announcer talking about "ass effects". I thought we'd left all that behind with the Olestra fiasco. No, wait, the announcer was actually saying "Aciphex", which is a prescription medicine for acid reflux and heartburn.

But seriously, nobody ever listened to the name being said? Ass Effects sounds like a new product from the makers of the WonderBra, but for a slightly different location.

There's a reason why marketing executives were placed on the Golgafrinchan B Ark.

No comments: