Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Delta Loves to Fee. And it Shows.

I got an email from Delta Airlines today. They were advertising a "U.S. Flights Holiday Sale" OK, cool, I'd considered flying down to Orlando to visit Mom and Dad for Thanksgiving. I clicked on the link in the email and up popped a browser window showing . . . the main delta.com site. Ummmm, great. But where's the fare sale?

Up also popped a window inviting me to take a survey about my visit to delta.com today. I'm always up for that. I worked my way through various questions about the website and then they hit me with one that said that Delta was considering offering a new service - you don't have to wait at the baggage claim area .. for $40, they'll deliver your baggage to any location within 40 miles of the airport, within 6 hours. Would I pay for this? I can sort of understand that, but no, I've been doing the carry-on only thing for all my travel so I wouldn't pay for it.

The next question though . . . Delta is considering offering insurance: for $8, they'll insure (up to $2000) that they'll actually get your bags to your destination airport. Umm, WHAT? Seriously? They'll charge you to check one bag, charge you more to check two, and then on top of that, they'll charge you to actually GET THEM THERE?

That would be a big Hell to the Naw there, Delta.

No comments: