Monday, November 23, 2009

Weird Marketing Strikes Again

GE sells light bulbs. Lots of light bulbs I'd imagine. One of their specific lines is the "Reveal" bulb, which, they say, provides "clean, beautiful light™" that "makes colors 'pop'." Probably a nice thing to have, but I have converted to CFLs in most parts of my house. In the living room, the lamps have amber colored mica shades, so I think using a bulb that filters out the yellowish color of a regular incandescent seems like a waste.

I was out shopping at Target with a friend yesterday when he remembered that he needed an light bulb for inside his stove. He went off to the find what he needed while I examined the clearance endcaps. When he came back, he had a 40W GE "Reveal" appliance bulb. Is it really necessary to make sure the roast in your oven has colors that pop? Of course you can also use one of these bulbs in a refrigerator. Does the broccoli look better?

Maybe it's just me, and I'm missing out on the wondrous look of the cold or cooked food.

No comments: