Monday, November 9, 2009

Like Losing an Old Friend

I've primarily been working from home since April, so I don't go out for lunch very often. Truth be told, even before April I'd taken to brown-bagging it most of the time. When I did decide to splurge on a non-homemade lunch though, Jersey Mike's was always on the short list. They made a really good version of a good ol' Philadelphia-style hoagie.

Even with the working/eating at home, I had a bit of a craving for a Jersey Mike's sandwich, so I headed out at 11:30 AM (to beat the crowd) and ordered up a "Regular 13." Imagine my surprise and disappointment to see the guy behind the counter cut a full-size roll in half and start to build my sandwich on that.

"I asked for a 'regular'" I said.

"That's a regular, you can order a 'giant' if you want more."

I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. Time was when a "regular" was enough to have for lunch and dinner (although I'd usually eat up the whole thing anyway). Now it was just a half a sandwich.

I told them to forget it and walked out.

For a dollar more, I got a full size sub from a small locally-owned place across the street, and they even included the chips.

G'by Mike. It was fun while it lasted ...

update 11/11/2009
Oh yay, a response:

Dear Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an e-comment card regarding
your visit to our Glen Allen, VA location.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Your comments are
valuable to the Corporate Office and our franchise community. Your
comments have been forwarded to the owner to address.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for sharing your
experience with us.


Way to actually address the issue raised, there, Mike's.

No comments: