Friday, November 13, 2009

No. Just no.

Paste Magazine, what were you thinking?

I've been a subscriber to Paste for many years. There were a few lapses, but it's been at least since the issue numbers were in single digits. I've had my issues (ha ha, "issue", get it?) with their brainless subscription fulfillment service, but those got resolved. I still think they're brainless though. But that's another post.

At some point the magazine decided to send an email newsletter, called "Paste Lifeline", which is mostly not worth the paper it's not printed on, but occasionally I've found an interesting item or two, so I didn't unsubscribe.

I know they've been struggling financially, but somebody was hitting the bottle or bong a little too hard when they decided to send out an ad for "Full Sail University" as a "Paste Lifeline Special".

No actual newsletter content at all, just the ad.

Seriously Paste? Somebody thought this wouldn't piss off your subscribers?

I don't want your spam. Or your magazine or newsletter, now that you mention it.

No comments: