Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jersey Mike's Follow-up

A couple weeks ago, I wrote about my disappointment with the downsizing of Jersey Mike's subs. As noted in the original post, I also filled out an online "comment card" at the J-Mike's website and for my trouble, got a copy-and-paste response (five days later) thanking me for my comments and saying "Your comments have been forwarded to the owner to address." Of course I've heard nothing since... (cf: this post). I even responded to that 11/11 email last Wednesday (11/25) somewhat sarcastically -- 'I guess when you said my comments were forwarded to the owner to address, you really meant "for the owner to ignore." '

So imagine my surprise this morning when I was checking my emails and saw something from "emailclub@jerseymikes.com" with the subject line "Jersey Mike's Coupon Offer". I know for sure that I didn't opt-in to any emails from them when I filled out that online comment card. Double You Tee Eff, Mate?

Buried in the fine print at the bottom of the email was this paragraph
Dear Larry, this email advertisement was sent to you because you signed up to receive emails from us via our website or in one of our stores, or have contacted us within the last 2 years.


BECAUSE I CONTACTED THEM WITHIN THE LAST TWO YEARS? Really?

As I said to J-Mike's in my email last Wednesday, there's plenty of places to buy a sub sandwich. For me, Jersey Mike's is now off the list forever.

No comments: